Jun 27, 2009

Ride'em Cowboy.


Nate took me on a ride to look for stray cattle the other day. It was great experiencing some feelings from my single care free days. I love the smell of exhaust for one. It reminds me of water skiing at 6 am on Hebgan Lake because the water is "glass" then; or the excitement of snowmobiling, driving just under the edge of too fast. And it reminded me of some great motorcycle rides during my single dating years, I love motorcycles! My motorcycle skills were stretched on this ride because I am a trail rider so when Nate took me "off roading" I was just on the edge of "yikes!" I did make it and it was super fun and beautiful.

Nate is one amazing motorcyclist which fact I knew but it was fun to watch him in his element.
Nate has been riding on this terrain since he was 11. Before that it was the good ole horse. I can see why horses were a thing of the past, however dodging sage brush, riding through sand, watching for rocks, drop offs, holes and other natural surroundings is only for the skilled professional. I fell twice going uphill on sandy "ravines." (the ones I went up weren't worthy of being called ravines...but so they were to me) I was impressed with myself.
I had fun watching Nate in his element.

Nate asked me if I was thirsty during the ride. So he takes me to the water tank and said you just climb up there and get a drink from the overflow. It's just a 25' tall water tank you have to scale to get your drink. (documentation of Nate's world)



2 comments:

Christina Lyon Maughan said...

Oh, I loved the TMI! It made me laugh out loud. Glad that I am not the only person who is constantly being checked out by her husband.

Christina said...

That looks like so much fun. You are a babe!