So the question in my mind has been; "Is anybody worried?" Seriously, is anyone thinking deeper than the information people get from the 5 o'clock news? I am worried for the state of our country. The bailout...are you kidding me? It was marketed as an emergency, so needed that we have to push it through stat. Hurry before Nancy Pelosi leaves on her trip and she only has one day. We have to rush this bill through because "500 million Americans are losing their jobs." Passing an 800 billion bill without one member of Congress reading the bill and the fine print....are you kidding me? Who signs on anything major without knowing what is in it for yourself.
I called my congress persons. I knew it wouldn't do any good but I did it. I heard that only 10% of the bill is actually earmarked for "the people" who Obama said the bill was all about.(3% now and the other 7% before mid-term elections) Congress gave themselves a raise for the great job their doing and lots of money for expanding government programs yada, yada. (I say yada, yada but if what is being reported about what is in it is true I am truly worried about what America is becoming. I do hope jobs are created but it didn't take a government spending spree to do that.
I am just shaking my head. I really want to know what all of you are thinking about this. I almost never comment on blogs anymore so I understand not taking the time but I want to know what your thoughts are. I am in total shock, really.
3 comments:
Here Here!!! When I call our representatives I want to yell - REALLY??? How can you repeat such a crazy line? I'm very concerned for the state of things! Thankfully, we have more divine guidance to follow.
Ditto! What really scares me, though, is just how CLUELESS people are! Come on, people! Oh, well. I guess the way I see it now is that these hard times have been prophesied, so it's just one more step toward what we're working for. If times get really hard, I think it will be a time to be close to family. It might be a blessing in disguise.
Your kids are growing up so much. I can't believe it! Ellie is just the regular old independent kid now. That's so fun!
I agree. I must admit living back here in Maryland it is amazing to me how many people look to our new president as a "savior" and don't realize that everything that has been done since he has been in the presidency is leading to socialism. I agree with Camille in that these times were prophesied and that it would be great to be by family. Anyway if we are doing what we should, if we are following the prophet we will be blessed, I am so grateful to be a member of the church!
Post a Comment