Last night marked the end of a challenging chapter of my life. I am blogging to give it some finality. This past year and a bit have been the most challenging of my life. I won't even bother to tell you why because you have your own details to worry about no doubt. We completed our last real deadline last night and it ended well. We were asked to do the standards night for the second time in a new ward. The first time I was left wishing I had done things a little different and last night I felt totally blessed to have it all come together. It felt very much like an end of a long marathon of deadlines and emotional hardships. Through this time of trial Nathan and I have been really happy together and we are whooped over our kids.
They are so much fun. I really enjoy being a stay at home mom. Having said that I have learned the value of taking time out of the craziness to do things that fill your "reservoir" as a mom so you are a full functioning mom at full speed ahead. I have been running faster than my ability to emotionally handle things what has been thrown my way.(some of the throwing my way was done by me. I just sat there with a shovel piling it on my head saying "Hit me one more time." My thought was "I can do it, I can do it, I can do it." And I did everything thrown my way but my schedule was always controlling me and not me controlling my schedule. That could drive a person crazy..... at least I am not made to reach full capacity while feeling overwhelmed all the time.
I need a girls night out!!!! Where are all of you when I need you!!!! ps Jen, Malina, Sophia and Eme you have done your duty!!! Thanks a bijillion for the visit. It was short but super fun to see you. Next summer we will be prepared to host a party and your all invited. I am hoping the economy gives a few more great trips and parties...:)
p.s. I'll be blogging a little more often. I might post few pics of past events but I won't bother with the rest.
2 comments:
Hi Liz! Personally I *want* the details! If we didn't care about the details, we wouldn't tune into your blog, hoping you've updated it! So bring on the details! It's theraputic! ;)
Oh, Miss Lissie...sigh. I'm so glad you had some visitors. Your kitchen looks beautiful, and so do your cats-in-the-hats!!! Let's get another trip planned soon...---SM
Post a Comment