There was really no exclamation point with this birthday. With a few crazy days and a million things to do Wells got gypped. He went with daddy to work which was the only thing to save the day. He as most kids do has such a hero worship on his dad that anything they do together would be the greatest. Wells wanted an ice cream cake so this was an easy version of it. Michelle! your cop out for a birthday party makes me laugh compared to this cop out. But I did what I could considering...
Ellie had a great organized fun birthday this year. I might make it a five year old tradition and not feel bad about this party-less birthday.

This is a meringue ice cream cake although it looks like melting ice cream! I love this cake and so do the kids.

5 comments:
Hey, I think that's a great birthday! Kids' birthdays are getting way out of control these days, in my opinion...I hope I don't eat my words later on. I know it's fun to spoil your kids!
I agree with Camille! It looks like he had a great time, he looks really happy what more could you want?? The cake looks yummy!!
The bottom picture of Wells looks just like pictures of you when you were younger! How fun!
Anna
P.S. Confession, I typically just take a picture of my one year olds with a cake or something festive just so that when they are older they will see the picture and think they had a party!
OH my heck! That middle picture of Wells reminds me so much of YOU! I didn't realize how much he looked like you. Yes, make it a 5 year old tradition. I want to know how you did that cake???
I think people are out of control on Birthday AND Christmas! We just spoil the kids rotten. If you don't believe me, go to a party sometime and watch how the "star" of the show is often grumpy about the gifts (won't share, doesn't thank, wrong thing, etc.) and then see how happy the unspoiled ones are with one thing! I did parties for the 8, 12, and 16 birthdays. Otherwise, just family. My kids were ALWAYS happy, shared and were thankful! Sorry about the epistle, but that is a "soap box" of mine!
Wells is beautiful!
Post a Comment