I enjoyed reading my friend Michelle's tag blog and learned several things I didn't know about her. She tagged me which means that I share my info then pass the buck. This tag is different than the favorite movie, cookie etc. This tag is to find out five things most people don't know about you. Then I tag 5 people to do the same. I guess I should put up a few websites so you can follow along if you want.
1- I have water skied in February when there was snow on the ground and ice in the lake. My friend Jen and I were suckers for an adventure and she was dating a guy with a boat. We gathered up the dry suit, the neoprene hat, booties and gloves and went to Utah Lake. We didn't ski long runs and didn't do any fancy skiing(not like I ever was that great a skier!) so as not to crash but we had a blast laughing and loving the craziness the whole time. The pics would be fun to put on but I would have to find them then scan them in. -too much work.
2-I have a habit of sleeping with something over my ear. I can't fall happily asleep until my topside ear is covered.(with my hair or the sheets) I either heard something about earwigs getting in your ears or saw a movie with something crawling in ears when I was young and it has been a nightly thing since them. Nate never knew this until just recently.
3- This one is probably a little neurotic but I'll share it since I am dealing with this right now. I hate boogers! When I was a child I really got grossed out when I saw someone pick their nose and eat it. It even gives me the creeps thinking about it now. I know it is a natural part of growing up but I really hate it.Wells just recently found out how much I don't like that habit. If I see him picking his nose and eating it I (unemotionally) tell him he has had his treats for the day and he doesn't get whatever sugar treat we have. I wonder sometimes if this borders on abuse. I just cannot handle it! I would never ask Nate if he did that as a child because I could never kiss him again! Should I see a counselor?
4-I love the smell of coffee. I have never had the stuff because I love my commitment to my church too much, but I really love to go down the coffee isle at the store. We were at a buffet the other day with family, and the smell of the coffee smelled better to me than anything. I drink barley drinks like Postum and Pero (which my Korean friends tell me is healthy for me) and they taste about what I think coffee smells like.
5- We are trying to come up with girl names for this next little one. I love the name Suki(Sue-ki)but Nathan really doesn't like it. I am sure we won't use the name for this little one so I can talk about it.(we think it is a girl but didn't bother to have a more accurate ultrasound) I think there was a girl name Suki that I knew when my family lived in Mexico for three years while my dad was going to medical school. There are two more tidbits that maybe someone didn't know about me.
I tag my sister in law Audrey, friend Stephanie M, cousins Angela, Mary, Camille and their mom my aunt Claudia.
PS I would like Jen, Lora, Sherrie, Angie, Miriam and the list could go on to get a blog going! I want to see the kidlets, house, boyfriend and so forth.
5 comments:
Wow! You have some fun secrets about yourself! I'm gonna have to take some time to think of something Nobody knows about me. This should be fun! I hope everyone else does it, too!
This was fun to do, I love what you wrote!! I am so glad you blog!
Congratulations, Elisabeth!! I don't know how else to contact you. Maybe Angela has your address. Anyway, I'm SO impressed that you're blogging already! What a woman! I love the name, by the way! You don't hear that one very often. I think she's the first that I've ever heard of!
E Dawg (as Lou affectionately calls you)! Where have I been? I didn't realize you have been blogging. I'm so far behind. I just got word you had a beautiful baby girl! CONGRATULATIONS!! I can't wait to see her! I wish I could be near you to help out! I love your tidbits! Not surprised about the skiing. I feel much the same about boogers! I think I had a similar experience as a child-and NO, you don't need counseling. I like the name Suki too. I'm surprised about the smell of coffee. I HATE it. It reminds me of visiting Uncle David when he was dying and of stressful piano lessons with Shulamit! Interesting about the ear thing. Lou sleeps with a pillow over his entire head. I think he was afraid of the Boogie Monster! :)
Elisabeth, I can't stop laughing about the boogers!!! Angela said she had a similar experience. Does she mean than Wells? Because I used to say that to my kids. "Well, I guess you're not hungry anymore..." If it's child abuse, then I was an abuser! I was teaching primary when I was morning sick and you guessed it....I had to run out and throw up! Still makes me do the same thing! Too funny! And CONGRATS!!
Post a Comment