Nov 9, 2007

Ribbon Festival

The kids are in piano with a fabulous piano teacher. She has a great talent for teaching kids! She also happens to be my sister in law. Ellie and Wells have been looking forward to Ribbon Festival for a while. It is a real kid friendly music festival. The played three pieces for three different "judges" and had three different classes 20 minutes each. Wells beamed when the judge called his name and after playing his little piece he said, "I have another one." so he played the next piece in the book much to our surprise. I think he would have kept going if I hadn't helped him off the bench. The one I took pictures of was Music and Movement class. They danced, clapped hands and skated around on paper plates to music. After they were finished they got ribbons for every class they took. They came away with 6 ribbons each and feeling mighty proud of themselves. We finished off at the Darigold cheese factory to eat and get ice cream.

3 comments:

Camille said...

I can't believe how fast your kids are growing! Harrison looks like a kid! I thought he was still a baby!

barrettandaudrey said...

How fun!!! You kids are growing up fast, when did you put them in piano, should I put Daven in soon?

LouandAngela said...

What a clever idea. How fun! Makes me feel like such a slacker of a teacher(not that I teach much any more).