This year knowing it would be a while before we do this again I breathed in deeply all the familiar smells, sights, sounds and feelings of being at the cabin for Christmas. The smell of the snow machines as we arrived at Denny Creek road was a welcome smell. I love smelling the exhaust of the snow machines -crazy I know. There are so many happy memories tied to that smell. We drove the ?2 and a half miles into the cabin on snow machines to begin our Christmas retreat. We had a full house and 4 of 5 siblings were there with spouses and kids. (Anna, I am writing this partly for you so you can be in on the happenings last week.)
We sledded, snow shoed, snow mobiled, and were lovin every minute of it. Grandpa whose cabin this is was there with us and said he didn't think he had seen more snow in a 24 hr period ever. We were almost snowed in!(if wishes were fishes)
We ate -of course, did crafts with the kids, got a tree and made ornaments for it, we ate some more, watched movies, played games, slept a little and laughed a lot.
I did not take it for granted this year if I ever have!



4 comments:
Well, I hate to say it...but I'm green with envy! I miss the cabin so much. Christmas just isn't the same without being there. Glad you had a good time! Wish I could have seen you over the break.
Your cabin looks like the perfect winter destination. How much fun!
Ahhh, so beautiful! only four more years til our family gets to go. Love the pictures. Your family is so much fun!
These are great shots. Looks like you had the perfect cabin-Christmas time.
Though, looking at these makes my heart ache for a time when we all fit together there.....
Post a Comment