Mar 31, 2008

Love these little buggars...

Right now Ellie and Wells are having "sacrament meeting practice" because they were not as cooperative as I expected yesterday. They really are getting better at sitting quietly through church but this "reverence practice" really blesses my life, so if there is cause at all, I use it. Ellie is quietly reading to Wells so really it is reading practice for her! Harrison is sleeping and Hattie is, for the moment, being quiet. I have a million things to do and I don't want to face them so I will blog part of my morning. Harrison remains constant, and consistant about getting into anything that is NOT a toy. The story: I was checking an ebay item this morning for a few minutes after breakfast. The kids and I cleared the table because we know from past experience that a stitch-in-time-saves-nine with our little explorer. Well, the Butter Bell was left on the table and you guessed it...in the very few minutes I was looking on the computer he came to me, dropped the butter bell at my feet and broke it. That is of course when I noticed the problem. He was all greased up with butter shampoo-like in his hair. I had been listening to him in the other room but the sounds didn't lead me to worry. It wasn't quiet for long enough! So back to the bath tub for the second time this morning. The butter was a bit of a challenge to get out of his hair. I should say the globs of butter were hard to get out. The water has to be hot enough to melt the butter but it can't be too hot for a sensitive little head. I have, however, found desitin a little more challenging to get out and glue stick....not a problem, they just have to be in the tub for a while. I put a little gel on his hair once to help him look nice and this is how he repays me.
I of course thought about taking his picture, not necessarily for the blog but to show him that he made enough work for me as a toddler he should be a nice teenager. (Some how I think that will be the case.) The camera was of course not with me,(it was with my friend who put on a 10K on Saturday which I ran/walked and am EXTREMELY sore from...) and due to the fact that the tempurature of the butter was increasing on his hot little head and he was rubbing butter in his eyes, I decided not put film in the ancient camera to get the pic. It was quite a sight.
How is it that your kids can destroy your things, fill your time with a whole lot of work and you still think they are the cuttest little buggers on earth? I don't get it but it seems to work in their favor!
After I wrote the first blog on Harrison my friend Michelle sent me an email leading me to her friends blog who has a boy like Michelle and I do. I thought it was so well put I'd share it with you. This is about her son Grant. Her son is just a year or more older than Harrison. H is just starting to get into the expensive destruction so Ellie and I have made a pact to share guard duty. -the guarding of our things duty that is...so far: keyboard stripped on the computer, speaker cable cut and a quite a few other minor items -you know tampons, make-up, sound familiar Angela?


"It all adds up!

Breaking the shelf off the fridge door (twice) = $40 (once)

Pulling the space bar off the laptop keyboard = $80.33


Stabbing the kitchen table 43 times with a ballpoint pen = $150


Writing on every cushion of the tan leather sofa = $900


Frying the base to all three phones by plugging in the computer power adapter = $TBD


Living with Grant = priceless, yet expensive"


His bath was 10 minutes earlier. Ellie "didn't even see him coming and before she could even stop him he was in."

2 comments:

LouandAngela said...

Oh YES, it does sound familiar! You have such a way with words! It is amazing that we can still love the little buggers and think they're the cutest things EVER!

I love the "priceless" analysis! At least we're in this together, with so many other great parents! Misery loves company! :)

jaredandangela said...

Okay so it looks like you have another friend named angela, but I am feeling the same way!! Dallin locked himself and the baby in the car yesterday with them both strapped in their car seats on the way to get Julia from school. Oh, the joys of motherhood!