Apr 20, 2009

updating....

I have put the blog on the back burner...of a stove kept in storage. I'm a lousy blogger...but I'm a great mom and a decent lover.:)

Life has slowed to manageable speed this week but I still am longing for a break in the near future!. I missed my girls get-away in March and I felt the loss deeply. We did have a great trip to Utah on conference weekend and we got to see so many friends and family. That is the funnest part about traveling for me.

Travel Log-
We went climbing and met up with Chelsea, Jen, Sarah, Lora and our climbing guru Jeff. I of course didn't get pics of us all because we were too busy talking and belaying kids to think of it. I do wish I were better at taking pics. We went to Temple Square on Sunday morning and walked around with Nate's brother Mike. I love the spring flowers there!(should have taken pics...) We then spent the afternoon with the Brown clan and it was so great to see them all. We saw my new nephew Christian and stayed the night with Nate's good friend Dan in Oregon.








This past week I prepared a Passover dinner Sat., taught a lesson on Sunday, Pulled together (with help) Ellie's informal pizza party on Tuesday and on Friday fixed a dinner for our couple's book group.(with help) My mom and dad helped so much and it was sad to see them go today. It was fun to have a house full of family this weekend with my parents and brother Barrett and co. staying with us. I have loved all my company and the parties. I am however ready to dive into a good book get lost in the someone elses life. Any suggestions...for a get lost in book.

add on- so I am reading Twilight now but I can't get into like I have heard I should. Thanks for the suggestions.

4 comments:

Camille said...

I just re-read "The Robe." That is a great book. I couldn't put it down.

So, Christian must be Miriam's new baby? I hadn't heard the name yet. I love it!

lissiemarie said...

I've read it and it was a great book. I want a good love story right now...I forgot if it had a love story in it. I think not...need to read it again.

LouandAngela said...

I got TOTALLY sucked in to Saints:a novel by Orson Scott Card. I've never been a fan of his, until this one. It was a bit of a love-hate relationship, but mostly I LOVED it. I couldn't put it down. It's over 700 pages and I read it in a week. I can't even read 50 pages in a good week. So. . .if that tells you anything. It deals with Joseph Smith and polygamy, but the first 300 pages were about a family in England before they found the gospel. Very interesting. . ..

SherBear said...

So fun to get together while you were here, Elisabeth! I wish we would've taken a picture *together*. Ugh. I blame my dead battery.
Thanks for sharing your cute family.