Jan 22, 2008

Fun in the Sun.

When we took our trip "home" to visit my parents, 3 of 4 siblings were there. We continued the tradition of having a tri-event competition when we get together. The events range from riding bikes, swimming, running, throwing balls to throwing a frisbee or dunking yourself in an iced (new) horse trough. The events of this weekends spar were best couple time in the course below. What a lot of laughs.
We first rode a course on the scooter thingys in our dad's newly put up this summer "barn." (that's what they call it but isn't a barn for animals? they only have three outside cats.)

It was so cold we wore our snow clothes so only our cheeks got frost bitten! The sunny day is deceptive.
We ran around the barn and then to a station where we fired five shots at a target. When the last shot was fired the time ended. 5 seconds were taken off our score for every shot on the target. Nate and I took second place Lincoln and Annie took first. I think Nate and I could have taken it but I was laughing so hard after the scooters that I fell two or three times running behind the barn. I did however make up for some of the time by hitting 5 out of five shots. (one was on a different target but I didn't know it mattered which paper plate you shot.)My dad said I was the best shot in the family! Don't mess with me!

4 comments:

LouandAngela said...

What a family! You guys are so creative! Awesome! We heard a little bit about your plans while there. We need to learn how to be so creative! What fun! I didn't know your dad put up a "barn"! Cool!

Camille said...

You guys are the coolest! I wish we were so creative! It put a huge smile on my face thinking of the whole event! Wish I would've been there to watch!

Claudia said...

Ok, Kings, ;the challenge is on! We need to come up with something more creative than cleaning the kitchen, fixing food, and changing diapers!
I'm sad we didn't take you up on the invitation to join your family in this activity. I can't remember why we didn't.

Claudia said...

p.s. Way to go Elisabeth! 5 out of 5! We need to have a "shoot off", you and me! :)