Jul 19, 2007

The Family Cabin Week. june 2007


We had a blast as usual. We went to Yellowstone Park and saw lots of animals -which of course I didn't think to photo. When we started to head home from the Park we saw huge clouds of smoke over West Yellowstone. We learned that the forest fire was about 5 miles from the cabin. I didn't bother to get good pictures to document it for you...sorry cousins. We watched the planes circle (over the cabin at times)and dump the fire retardant. It took 3 days of ground crews and planes to stop it. You can see in the pictures how smoky things got. The fire was no threat to the cabin because there was too much green grass and wild flower acreage to cover. The wild flowers were beautiful still because the high heat got to the area when we did.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hey Lissie: What a cute family you have...and what a creative blogger you are. I love all the slide shows! So fun to see all your fun family adventures. So sorry I have been so slow to return your call. We do need to chat! - Michelle